Good Intentions Meet Laziness

For the second weekend in a row, I've intended to do dishes, laundry and paint the bedrooms. And for the second weekend in a row, I find myself on Sunday afternoon with a sink full of dirty dishes, baskets full of dirty laundry, and no paint purchased.

However, I have gotten some stuff done today. I trimmed some branches off of trees and shrubs that were growing in the wrong place last season. I transplanted the black beans and broccoli seedlings into a trough for them to keep growing. I watered all the shrubs and trees. I murdered some fire ants. I started gathering stuff for a compost pile. I watered the foundation of the house. I loved on Mable and Meg. All that before 2:00 PM. Wonder what more I could have accomplished if I hadn't stayed in bed till 11:00 AM? In all fairness, I wasn't just sleeping... I was finishing up a book. I'll have to comment on that later.

By day's end, I'm afraid we'll be having a moment of silence while we flush Mikey. He got sick while I was on vacation and hasn't been the same since. I thought he was dead this morning, but he did respond to a tap on his bowl. Still hasn't eaten in at least a week though, so I imagine he's not much longer for this world. I don't know that I'll be replacing him. I don't really have an affinity for keeping fish alive. Wonder how I manage to keep the dogs alive?