Cold hands, cold feet, hot face, and family mysteries

I finally decided to really try to figure out why my feet and hands can be frigid while my face feels hot and flush. It only happens during the winter, but it happens with such frequency now that I just wish for summer! Which is not normal for someone who lives in Texas and doesn't like to be hot. I came across a recent blog post from a gal in London. She describes a similar sensation, although hers seems to come along with changing of color and is diagnosed as Raynaud's. I don't think I have the actual disease, but perhaps a lesser version of it. Or maybe just erratic circulation. But she also mentioned having problems regulating body temperature when drinking alcohol. I've always thought I was just a lightweight (figuratively... if you know me you know that's not literal) and couldn't hold my liquor. But when I have an alcoholic beverage my face gets extremely hot and I just feel generally uncomfortable. Maybe I do really have this disease!

On a vastly different note, I brought up the topic of family mysteries at a staff lunch today and we immediately honed in on the story of my friend who is adopted. We now have a collective effort to try to gather up small-town gossip from 40ish years ago to get to the bottom of why she was adopted and why her mom won't talk about it. I love a good family mystery!

Comments