New Direction

I haven't blogged much in the recent past, and honestly it's because I've been busy doing other things. Well, other THING actually: genealogy research. So I've decided to gear this blog more towards my current work in "stalking dead people" as my sister calls it.

Most recently I've been working on the Gideon/Giddens line of our ancestry. Some of the Giddens migrated to the area where I currently live back in the 1860's, so I've been trying to track them all down (since I live here now). In the process, I was able to connect with the widow of Thomas Berry Gideon, who is living in Granbury. She had possession of a book entitled "Descendants of James Giddens, Sr. 1720-1811" written by Andrew J. Giddens in 1988.  I borrowed the book, but before I started reading in-depth I decided on a whim to google the title. I found a copy for sale on Amazon of all places! So I purchased the book and have now scanned the chapters. If you are interested in information about any of the following descendants of James Giddens, Sr., I can provide you with a PDF file of the chapter that covers that line.
CHAPTER 1 - The brothers of James Giddens Sr.
CHAPTER 2 - James Giddens Sr. (1711-1820)
CHAPTER 3 - Francis S. Giddens
CHAPTER 4 - William Giddens
CHAPTER 5 - Susanna Giddens Wilson
CHAPTER 6 - Martha Giddens Conway
CHAPTER 7 - Ann Giddens Green
CHAPTER 8 - Richard Giddens
CHAPTER 9 - James Giddens Junior
NOTE: I can't speak to the accuracy of all of the information in this book, but it does provide some good information.

Comments