Livin' the Dream

If it weren't for my tight family connections, I wouldn't know my second-cousin-once-removed Bryan and his bride Kendi. (Most people don't, I'm told, have a clue about their second-cousin-once-removed.) I find Bryan and Kendi interesting because they are so cute... so young... and sooo doing just what they want to. Some people wait their whole lives to do what they love. These two dove in right out of college. Bryan is a photographer (among other things) and Kendi is a fashion blogger (among other things).

The family grapevine tells me that Kendi has bought a dress shop on the square in a suburb of DFW. Who does that? Especially at such a young age? Umm... I guess people who are brave enough to live their dream. Now, I haven't really talked to Kendi about this venture, but I can only assume that running her own shop is a dream of hers. And I admire that. Have a dream. Do it.

I used to dream about doing some things. In fact I have a whole list of things I wanted to do. And I even dreamed about a few things that weren't on the list. Maybe I can live the dream too! Maybe I should become a fashion blogger and develop a following and then open a storefront! (I mean, seriously... who doesn't want to see what a pasty, overweight, pushing-40 woman wears everyday??) So, here's my first fashion blog... a la Kendi Everyday.

Cindy and I took a moment outside the library at UTA to capture this little bit of fashion perfection. Who knew I wore so much brown?

In all fairness to Sammye Hayes at Salon Enigma... I haven't had a cut since May. She's the queen of chopping off all my hair in such a way that it grows back in a way that is at least presentable. Or good enough for me.
Luckily my camera doesn't have a good enough lens to capture the little tiny hairs.

Forgot to accessorize.  Hmpf. Guess I'm not a fashionista after all.

And there you have it, ladies and gentl... well, just ladies (to my knowledge no gents read my blog). That's what I wore today. Stay tuned for tomorrow's exposé on draw-string capris, dollar flip-flops and over-sized tees from the House of Blues.

But seriously. Props to Bryan and Kendi. When the grapevine gets around to telling me the name of her shop, I'll let you know.

http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com/
http://photographersskeen.com

Comments