Movie Library



I haven't watched many movies lately. It's a cold, overcast day outside... and I saw Billy Crystal talking about the 25th anniversary of The Princess Bride last night... so I decided to pull out The Princess Bride and watch it at least once today. To my horror, when I opened up my movie cabinet, everything was out of order! Not sure how that happened... but now that I've rectified the situation, I'm wondering... what does your movie library say about you? Me? I think mine says I like happy endings. Most of the time. Here's my library... what movie(s) should I add?

A Mighty Wind
Alex & Emma
The Day After Tomorrow
Down With Love
Elf
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Failure to Launch
Fern Gully
Fifty First Dates
Glee (Season 1)
Hairspray
He Said, She Said
Hitch
The Holiday
Just Like Heaven
IQ
The Lake House
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Love Actually
Lucky Seven
Matchmaker
Mona Lisa Smile
Moulin Rouge
Much Ado About Nothing
Must Love Dogs
My Best Friend's Wedding
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Only You
Pay It Forward
The Princess Bride
Rainman
Raising Helen
Ratatouille
Return to Me
Runaway Bride
Sahara
Seinfeld (seasons 1-9)
Shrek (all of them, twice)
Spanglish
Sweet Home Alabama
The Truth About Cats and Dogs
Twenty-Seven Dresses
Two Weeks Notice
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Wedding Planner
The Wedding Singer
What Happens in Vegas
What Women Want
While You Were Sleeping
Without a Paddle
The Wizard of Oz

Okay maybe that also says I'm silly, I like to laugh, and I like a little bit of adventure every once in a while (but let's not get crazy). I also have a bunch of VHS tapes (yes, still)... and I know for sure The Sound of Music and My Fair Lady are among them. So, yes, I like musicals too. And I do have required-watching for all puppy dogs everywhere: Puppy Bowl and Meerkat Manor.

There's enough happy in this list to keep me going for a while... even if I just think about these movies and don't even watch them! What movie(s) make you happy just thinking about them?

PS - I put Love Actually on this list because it's my favorite movie and I know I have it... somewhere. Have I loaned it to someone? If you have my copy of Love Actually, holler!

Comments

Jeff Zogg said…
I am kinda partial to The Firm, The Devils Advocate, The Blind Side.