The Obsessive Genealogist

So when I decided to blog more and focus on genealogy, I changed the title of my blog to be "The Quest" because it was more descriptive than just my "handle." But I'm beginning to think that I should rename it "The Obsessive Genealogist." Why? Simply because every time I hear someone say, "I really don't know much about my family," I immediately go home and start a family tree for them in Family Tree Maker. Is it strange that I know which of my friends' great-grandfathers lived in Canada? Or where they're buried? Or that they died of typhoid? Is it odd that I'd spend hours upon end looking up census records and death certificates and tombstone photos of people that aren't remotely related to me? (You never know.... I might find out my friends ARE related to me!)

No. It's not strange. A little obsessive, maybe. But completely normal.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I keep telling you that there are people that would pay you to do it...you could be the genealogist to the stars...

PS I think Obsessive Genealogist is a much more appropriate title--unless you wanted to name it Stalker of Dead People
Kathi Shaw said…
Hey Melissia -- I really don't know much about my familyl!!!
Melissia said…
Oh thank you Kathi! I needed something to think about that doesn't have anything to do with Ken...