The Gift of History

I know what you're probably thinking. Great, another genealogy post. Nope. In this case, the history I'm referring to is my browser history. But how can that be a gift? Isn't it just evidence of Google spying on you?

Perhaps. But in my case it's very helpful in remembering what interesting things I learned today, and what things I might have forgotten. It is helpful because the power went out and shut my computer down, so all the tabs I was holding open for one reason or another were closed. It's helpful in remembering to order Heartguard for the dogs and apply for jobs that I've bookmarked. It's helpful in finding the link to the article I read about how spiders manage to make webs over seemingly empty space. It's helpful in keeping track of time, like when I started working on a project and when I finished.

I actually can't say I learned much today because I spent most of the day doing actual work-related things.... doing a phone interview, applying for jobs, captioning videos, updating blogs (mine and others). Sometimes a day is just a day.

In case you're wondering, it's the wind. That helps spiders build webs across wide distances. Some spiders have even been known to stretch a web all the way across a river. My spiders seem to attach their webs to air. Most disconcerting.

Image credit: https://pixabay.com/users/tbit-715211/

Comments