Smoke Shrub

I actually had quite a bit to write about today, but I got sidetracked and it's past my bedtime. I'll save it all for another day. But I will tell you one little tidbit. As I was leaving a PRSA meeting in Schenectady this morning, I decided to walk down the street to get a closer look at the church whose steeple was beckoning from a few blocks up the street. I looked, took pictures (which I'll share later), and turned to head back to my car before my 2-hour free parking was up.

Just as I was about to walk up the side street to the parking lot, I saw these intriguing furry shrubs that just begged for a picture. I found them this evening on the google. It's called a Smoke Shrub because the tufts of (what I call) fur look a bit like smoke. Very unusual.

Although this plant is able to grow in Texas zones, I don't recall ever seeing one. Apparently they are more prevalent in the north because the colder weather makes their colors more dramatic.



Comments